Mark your calendars for one of our favorite days of the year! “20:28 Serve Our City” is when the Greentree family spreads out across St. Louis to care for our community in the name of Jesus. There are service opportunities for all ages, including a drive-thru food pantry, outdoor projects for the Kirkwood School District, and our church plant in Ferguson. If you have an idea for a way to serve someone in your neighborhood, reach out to Nancy Prott.
Philosophy of Missions
Our Team exists to…
Fulfill the vision of the Greentree Community Church to love all peoples by spreading God’s love through word and deed and making disciples of all nations.
The purpose of the Missions Team is to…
Allocate the church’s mission’s budget, connect with our missionaries/ ministry partners, communicate between the congregation and missions partners, and mobilize the congregation to spread God’s love to all peoples -in St. Louis, the USA, and beyond.
Our Missions Team is…
An advisory board that serves as a liaison between congregation, staff and session. The advisory board assists in creating and deciding the mission priorities and resource allocations under the approval, collaboration and leadership of the Missions Pastor, Missions Elder and Missions Co-director.
Our mission field context…
We view our outreach as made up of roughly 50% local and national missionaries/organizations and 50% international missionaries/organizations.
Our drive is to activate the church, by being the hands and feet of Christ, to go out into the Kingdom to meet the needs of the most vulnerable and provide strong evangelistic efforts for the Gospel to be made known throughout their backyard, community, city, nation and beyond by giving of their time, talent and treasure.
The practices of the Missions Team is to…
- Meet monthly, or as needed, to lead GTCC missions efforts
- Allocate the church’s missions budget
- Good Stewards of God’s gifts by vetting potential partners, setting the strategic missional funding and establishing the review processes
- Connect with our missionaries/ ministry partners
- Building and developing relationships with missionary partners through continual mission communication
- Equipping the congregation to embrace the missions partners as part of our church family
- Offering care to our missionaries through spiritual, mental and emotional support – including but not limited to prayer, mental health resources, counseling, visitation and etc.
- Communicate with the congregation
- Mobilize the congregation to spread God’s love to all peoples outside GTCC through word and Deeds- in STL, USA, and beyond
EPC – World Outreach
Global Grace Foundation
Jerusalem Evangelical Outreach
Micah Project, Inc.
Missions to the World
Wycliffe Bible Translators
EPC Church Plant
Kirk Care Inc.
Promise Christian Academy
Refuge & Restoration
EPC Church Plant – 2021
Youth Conference Ministries