Samaritan Group: Support for Those Caring for Loved Ones with Mental Illness
We are pleased to let you know about a new ministry providing support for individuals and families of loved ones living with mental illness. The Samaritan Group will meet monthly at Greentree from 6:30 – 8 PM on the 2nd Monday of the month to share a focused devotional, an educational segment, and a prayer time for families and friends of those caring for someone with a mental illness. Our first meeting will be March 13, 2023. The group will be facilitated by a team including a professional counselor, our Care Pastor Eric Van Zee, and a trained lay leader. If you have questions, please contact Andrea Hendrix.
Divorce is one of the most painful experiences you can face. So many emotions. So many challenges. You don’t have to go through it alone. DivorceCare offers support, answers, and practical tools to help you manage the many stresses of separation and divorce and find healing.
Please contact Christi Moses to join the group. Winter dates TBA.
Finance & Budget
Professional Counseling Referrals
Stephen Ministry, a worldwide organization founded more than 40 years ago in St. Louis, is an integral force in the CARES ministry at Greentree Community Church. Stephen Ministers are church members who have completed 50 hours of training during which they learned to care for others in a one-on-one, strictly confidential way, using distinctively Christian caregiving tools. At Greentree, we currently have 50 trained caregivers ready to provide a listening ear to people in crisis.
What is a Stephen Minister?
A Stephen Minister…
- is a member of Greentree Community Church who has received 50 hours of training in compassionate, empathetic listening
- walks beside a hurting person, ready to focus on concerns in a non-judgmental way
- faithfully meets on a weekly basis for about an hour
- is strictly confidential
- prays and shares Scripture
A Stephen Minister provides confidential emotional and spiritual care for those facing a crisis or difficulty such as…
- Loss of a loved one
- Illness/ hospitalization
- Divorce or separation
- Birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- Spiritual crisis
- Job crisis
- Empty nest
- Caring for a family member with disabilities
Are you interested in becoming a Stephen Minister?
Stephen Ministry Training…
- is offered every two years
- teaches principles and skills that help provide high-quality emotional and spiritual care to care receivers
- deepens faith and transforms hearts
- provides a special bond between caregivers as they experience true Christ-centered community
- “This is my Story,” Anne Tobin
Crossroads Christian Counseling 314.469.5522
- Chad Frizzell– Adults, Men, Depression, Anxiety, Work Conflict, Personal
- CHRISTI BRANDENSTEIN- Individual, Marriage, Adolescents, Personality Disorders, EMDR
- Joel Chappeau– Adults, Men, Sexual Addictions
- Jeremy Ruckstaetter– Men, Sexual Addictions
- Josiah Stanton– boys and youth
- Margaret Faye– children and adolescence
Bob Gordon 636.579.2983
Individual, Marriage, Parenting
Diane Powell and Associates 314.570.7463
Diane Powell Individual, Marriage, Depression
Kaizen Counseling 314.909.7775
Ben Bhasme Individual, Marriage, Addictions
Angie Narsh Individual, Marriage
Live at Peace Ministries 314.479.9028
Daniel Teater: Individual, Marriage, Mediation Services
New Hope at Chesterfield Presbyterian Church 636.394.7015
Jack Easterling: Stress, Anger, Perfectionism, Divorce, Abuse, and Addiction
Patti Hawley: Depression, Grief, Anxiety, Physical/Sexual Abuse.
Agape Christian Counseling 314.994.9344
Brave Steps Counseling, LLC 314.527.0846
Allie Wilson: anxiety, trauma, OCD Bravestepcounseling.com
Kileen Counseling & Associates LLC 314.720.2710
First Light Sexual Identity Support Group 314.749.4937