Job Description: Hourly Bookkeeping Assistant
Our Mission: To know Jesus Christ, serve him in joyful obedience and make him known by growing disciples, renewing communities and planting churches.
Our Vision: To love Jesus and love all peoples in joyful community so that the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings salvation, reconciliation, justice and mercy to Kirkwood, St. Louis and beyond.
Position Overview: The Bookkeeping Assistant will help ensure the effective and efficient operation of Greentree Community Church by managing weekly Accounts Payable and Deposits.
Hours: Up to 8 hours per week.
- Contribution Deposits & Tracking
- Prepare weekly deposit packets, scan all checks to the bank (remotely), and make manual deposits of loose cash. Post batch to Community Church Builder (CCB, church database) and reconcile to the deposit in the Automated Church System (ACS) software.
- Reconcile online gifts to automatic bank credits, post online contributions to CCB, and reconcile
- Maintain donor confidentiality.
- Accounts Payable
- Review payment requests for accuracy, completeness, and approval documentation.
- Process vendor payments and reimbursements in ACS.
- Assist in the management of the Deacons’ Benevolence Fund, processing check payments as
- Process bi-monthly payroll in ADP as needed, upon Business Manager’s absence.
- Process monthly EPC 403(b) retirement contributions as needed, upon Business Manager’s absence.
Qualification and Skills:
- Prefer 3 years of experience in bookkeeping or accounting.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, specifically Excel.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a high level of confidentiality.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Be a team player. Respect and support staff and ministries with a spirit of humility and love, open to opportunities to assist others with a cheerful heart.
- The Bookkeeping Assistant reports to the Business Manager.
To be considered for this position, please email resume to email@example.com